Please sign in to post.

Train from Interlaken to Florence

My husband and I will be traveling from Interlaken to Florence via Spiez & Milan. We need to travel on May 25th and I was wondering if we should try and buy our tickets through SBB.CH or just wait until we get to Switzerland.

Posted by
2779 posts

Will you be able to buy it off a Swiss clerk speaking German with a heavy Swiss accent? If you must travel on the 25th of May anyway why not get it over with and buy the ticket online?

Posted by
20979 posts

When I checked the other day at SBB, there was a savings fare with a 68 chf price verses std price of 117 chf. That would be an incentive to buy now if the date is set.

Posted by
8700 posts

At this relatively late date, the Swiss Rail site doesn't show any discount fares for 25 May. It only shows a standard fare of 148 CHF (€121) for Interlaken Ost - Firenze. If you're willing to do some extra work, you could save a little money this way: 1. Buy tickets for Interlaken Ost - Spiez in Interlaken. The fare is 10.80 CHF (€9). 2. Book Spiez - Firenze (one connection at Milano Centrale) on trenitalia.com. The lowest fares still available are €62 for Spiez - Milano and €29 for Milano - Firenze.