Please sign in to post.

Zurich to Prague

I'm flying into/out of Zurich in July with my wife and 3 children. Our itinerary is: Lucerne - 2 nights Prague - 3 nights Cesky Krumlov - 1 night Salzburg - 2 nights Munich - 2 nights
Zurich - 1 night (near airport prior to return to US next day) My question: from Prague to Zurich, we'll be using train service. However, we are considering flying on Germanwings from Zurich to Prague to save time (and, quite frankly, expense). The flight from ZRH to PRG connects in Cologne and has 1:05 between flights. Will that be enough time for us? As I've never connected going from one European city to another, I'm not sure about the process - will we have to clear customs? That would obviously create a time problem. Your help is much appreciated. Tom

Posted by
4637 posts

Although not in European Union Switzerland is in Schengen Zone as are Germany and Czech Republic. Therefore no immigration or customs.

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you for all of your help. Could I ask a question? To you, does it make sense to fly from Zurich to Prague, then follow the itinerary above by train(Prague-Cesky Krumlov-Salzburg-Munich-Zurich)? The alternative is to take a train all around the route, but a flight saves us time and probably a few bucks as well. Thanks.