Please sign in to post.

1-800 Fly Europe?

I saw on this forum some posts regarding this booking agency. I decided to look at the flights I'm interested in for Boston to Zurich round trip in May 2009 and it's coming up $200 cheaper than any other website (I think I've looked at 20 or so travel websites!). I've tried to find reviews on this agency - it just seems way too good to be true! I really want to book b/c it's way lower than we expected to pay but I'm nervous. It also actually states the flights are Swiss Air and not "Major European Airline"...Any thoughts??

Posted by
1167 posts

This exact same question was asked and answered on 12/31. Look there for your answer.

Posted by
289 posts

Thanks Jeff. I saw that response and wanted to see if there was anyone on here with specific experience with this travel agency since there were no further responses.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi,

Not to trying to be some anonymous poster answering the question here.

We do some work for this company and they are not only too good to be true they are better.

I don't want to list their services but just give them a call and ask them about all their services. Any issues you have abroad they will take care of. Live staff 24 hours a day. Can't beat the experience.

Anyways just call them and find out for yourself.

thanks

Posted by
289 posts

John - At least you are honest. :)

There have been several posts on this topic actually. I booked flights through them back in January for a May 2009 trip and all went fine (okay, except that Swiss Air oversold their return flight - not flyeurope's fault). I've had several people ask me specifically about them and I've answered them honestly. I would go to them again if they had the right flights for me.

Posted by
1167 posts

It is very common for airlines to "code share" and sounds like what happened to you. One airline sells the ticket and the aircraft is provided by a partner airline. For example, if you look on the Lufthansa website you will find that flight LH9153 - Chicago to Frankfurt - is clearly stated as "Operated by United Airlines." You can't blame the travel agent for this.

Posted by
5303 posts

The complainant is unlikely to come back - an identical posting has been spammed into many travel sites with a 1-800 Fly Europe thread.

Posted by
10173 posts

The original post is 4 years old. What was the point in reviving this zombie thread?

Posted by
5303 posts

The post that reactivated this thread has been removed. Move along, nothing to see here.