Please sign in to post.

We were signed up to start the My Way Alpine Tour Aug 20,2020.arriving home tonight.😢😢

We would like helpful tips on places to see any side trips you took. WoW moments.and places to eat..

We have done our homework and had planned to stay an extra day in Chamonix..we thought it would be well worth it. From Chamonix we were traveling to Annecy France. Any all suggestions are welcomed.
Even hotel in Annecy..we never been.. we are considering extending the trip and going to Murren for a week. Any suggestions for a place in that area. We want to hike..an hour or two hike at most.
Thanks in advance.

Posted by
3834 posts

Hi, Sue. I‘m sorry you missed your trip. I feel your disappointment. I was supposed to be taking the train from Gdańsk to Warsaw today with a stop at Malbork Castle.

Posted by
670 posts

Four years ago we did that tour in early-mid September. It was fabulous. I'm not sure I would stay an extra day in Chamonix unless you like to hike a lot. We did not go to Annecy but several others on our trip did. As we were flying home from Munich, we took the train to Innsbruck for 2 nights and had a great time there hiking and walking along the river. Hope you can go next year.

Posted by
1078 posts

We missed our RS Scandinavia tour This summer and I still feel the loss so I know a little of how your feeling. We have a trip to Italy planned in June 2021, hope it is possible.

Posted by
176 posts

I did this trip last Spring, every day had a wow moment. I tacked on a night for Eagle’s Nest and Hallstatt on the front end and two nights on the back end in Vevey exploring Lake Geneva area.

Posted by
143 posts

I am so sorry you missed your tour. That was my all time favorite tour. I hope you will be able to do it in the future. I went to Hallstatt prior to the tour and while it was an amazing place to visit the number of tour groups was overwhelming. My understanding was that was one of the reasons it was dropped from the My Way agenda but I could be wrong. I loved Chamonix I would have liked to explore that region of France more. Mostly for the food!

Kathleen

Posted by
54 posts

We were supposed to be there last week and this week :(. We are hoping to go next year-but maybe a week later. We ended up being glad that we did not go this year as our 1st grandchild arrived 3 weeks early and was born the exact day that our tour was supposed to start!
Hope that you get to go next year, Sue!