Please sign in to post.

Village Italy Tour in May 2019

Hi, My husband and I have signed up for the Village Italy Tour that starts on Saturday May 18th. Anyone else signed up? Also, for past attendees of the Village Italy Tour just wanted to ask for any suggestions on packing, preparing, etc. Also, any restaurants you recommend for nights dinner is on our own as well as sites to see when we have free time. Really excited about this trip. We have traveled in Europe extensively - mostly on our own - including visiting the big cities of Italy and some of Tuscany but have only been to one of the villages on this tour previously (Siena). Also, It is our first Rick Steves tour too! Thanks for any ideas, feedback, etc. Linda

Posted by
106 posts

Hi Linda! My husband and I are on this tour. It’s our 3rd time to Italy and 6th Rick Steves tour. You got some good info on the other thread, especially about packing and preparing. We’ve had great experiences on the tours, we’ve learned so much and experienced more than we could ever do on our own! We’re headed to Venice for a few days before the tour starts. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Priscilla

Posted by
2701 posts

If you can spend an extra day in Padua, it’s worth it. There is a lot of opportunity for hiking on this tour. You won’t necessarily need hiking shoes but at least sturdy athletic shoes. Cheap beach shoes will come in handy. Get the $10 versions at WalMart and throw them away before you come home. As for restaurants- I booked several in advance and cancelled them as the guide had better suggestions when we got there. This was one exception and we had a terrific dinner http://www.ristorantemiky.it. We loved riding bikes on the wall in Lucca, hiking in the CT, and spending a few afternoons doing cafe time. Underground Orvieto was great, did that on our own. A very fun tour. Enjoy!