Please sign in to post.

Village Italy back to back with Sicily in 2024 - too similar?

I have not been to Italy for many years but have good memories of the cities and major sites. This time I want to do RS’s Village Italy in the spring of 2024 and wonder if Sicily is enough different to do both back to back? Any thoughts will be much appreciated.

Posted by
6293 posts

I've done both, and I don't think they're too similar at all. The VI tour is more activity oriented, with visits to a truffle farm, olive oil press, organic farm and kitchen... The Sicily tour is very different. It's been a while since I've been, but there are several historical sites, several archeological sites.... You may have one cooking experience; I don't know if that's still in there or not. They're both good tours. I wouldn't worry about their being too similar.

Posted by
2252 posts

Also have been on both tours and agree with Jane. I don’t think you would be sorry doing them consecutively.

Posted by
1825 posts

As the others have pointed out, this would be a wonderful combination. These are 2 of my favorite tours and spring should be a great time to go. Sicily was a delightful surprise to me. I particularly loved the Greek temples at Agrigento. Village Italy was my first tour and the reason I continue to take a Rick Steves' tour as often as I can.

Posted by
19 posts

Thank you all for your replies! I think I am going to book both and appreciate your encouragement.