Please sign in to post.

Village Italy

Hello all,

Would love your input and review of the RS Village Italy tour. What did you love, favourite parts? I’m a lover of Assisi, so, glad to see it’s on the itinerary. Just curious to hear your thoughts if you’ve been on it. Love to hear other experiences.

Thanks

Posted by
230 posts

Perhaps you should start by reading the reviews of this tour on the RS website. I’m taking this tour next year as my 10th RS tour and am expecting a great experience as usual.

Posted by
28 posts

It was our first RS tour and maybe ruined the rest. Our Tour guide David is a wonderful musician and getting to hear him sing a couple times added to the experience. My favorite town was Orvieto, the food and ease of just walking around. Lucca a close second, bike around the top of the city wall. The only today I could have skipped was the Museum day, but everyone has favorites. Cinque Terre fabulous. Our GAS tour was great but the food on the Village tour so much better! We had 24 on that tour, our last had 28, I wish they would have stuck with 24, bathroom breaks seem to take forever.

Posted by
103 posts

I second Carol P's comments. My wife and I have taken and thoroughly enjoyed 5 RS tours. Village Italy was my favorite. We, too, had David as our guide, but I'm sure the other guides are also wonderful. We love the Cinque Terre, Lucca and Orvieto. I think my favorite experience on the tour was the group farmhouse dinner following the truffle hunt. The local wine flowed freely, and the party continued well into the night.