Please sign in to post.

Venice Access Fee

We will be in Venice 9/30-10/3/24 and have had reservations for Rosa Salva Hotel which for months. The Venice Access site states that tourists staying overnight in facilities are exempt and receive their passes when they check-in. Is this true? I see that registration for 2024 access is closed on the Access site so I am concerned we need to change our plans and do not know if we needed to register even though we are "exempt." Please let me know, as this is a bit confusing!

Posted by
2981 posts

It's very confusing. My B&B host for Aug 25-Sept 1 said the test is over for this year so no need to register as exempt or otherwise.

Just a quick positive comment about Rose Salva. My sister-in-law and I stayed there in 2019. She lost her passport. The man at the registration desk (sorry I don't remember his name but he was also there two years ago) went out of his way to help her. He discovered her passport was found by a tourist, given to the police. He arranged for the police to return it to her at the hotel. I can't say enough good things about the hotel because of that.
I now travel solo so stay at B&B Campo Campana, more affordable for one person. The owners are wonderful.

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you for your response! I hope I do not need to worry about this and I am pleased to hear about Rosa Salva! I look forward to confirming this is not a concern from at least another traveler so I do not have to worry about this. Thank you.

Posted by
4573 posts

Lola is a very reliable source!

For what it’s worth, I was in Venice in July for a couple of nights (not on test days) and did not have to do anything at all.