Please sign in to post.

Tuscany Wine Tours

My friend and I (two ladies) want to take a wine tasting tour. We've been to Venice, Florence, and Rome. This seems like the next great idea for us!! Anyone out there take a great wine tasting tour. We're looking for any information on Tuscany actually. Good places to stay or a tour that lasts one day or several days touring around. We have no physical limitations. We were thinking of traveling around October-November of 2018. If there are better times to go, please let me know also. Thank you everyone.. Happy travels.

Posted by
19 posts

Thank you. I will check it out. I appreciate your response.

Posted by
930 posts

We based in Florence and did 2 WALKABOUT FLORENCE tours - we did BEST OF TUSCANY and CHIANI WINE & FOOD SAFARI - both were fantastic. You can read reviews and see photos on tripadvisor. They also have a website with great info and easy online booking. We didn't want to deal with a car which is why we went this route. The RS Italy guidebook may have recommendations for longer tours, like 3-5 days thru Tuscany. I know AAA does. We spent 3 weeks in Italy in October and had perfect weather. We did Venice, Florence, Rome, Sorrento, Herculaneum, Amalfi coast (one day tour).

Posted by
1206 posts

Another vote for WalkAboutFlorence's Chianti Wine and Food Safari as a one-day tour out of Florence. I did it in 2016 (or was it 2015?) and it was wonderful! Three small vineyards/wine producers, with a fabulous lunch out on a veranda at a country trattoria (where we were told "George and Amal dined here twice last week!"). I also had a marvelous day in 2015 on a small group tour with Tours By Roberto. The day tour that we went on specifically did NOT include vineyards (my travel companion did not drink) but it was a fun, beautiful, interesting day visiting villages, Etruscan sites, and more. Roberto also offers day tours specifically visiting multiple small vineyards and if the tour I was on is any indication, his wine tours would also be great. We were picked up in Florence, and Tours By Roberto also picks up in Siena. Rick Steves features Roberto in multiple TV shows and highly recommends him in his books.

Posted by
5 posts

My husband and I did three, yes three different tours with Roberto and I would highly recommend signing on with him. He is exactly how he appears on Rick Steve's show.

Posted by
19 posts

I am also looking for a wine tasting tour. Travelling w/ nieces and nephew in July (!). Three of us are wine drinkers- and we are also looking for a 1/2 or whole day excursion from Florence. Any suggestions? Thanks

Posted by
23 posts

We had the absolute joy of taking a Tuscany Wine Tour with Tours by Roberto. We had more fun and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Roberto is knowledgeable of the history of the region. He is passionate about his work. Our time with Roberto was the highlight of our trip.

Posted by
1056 posts

Although I haven’t gone on a wine tasting tour with Roberto Becchi, I’ve had a tour of the Etruscan museum In Chianciano Terme (sp) with him. I second the other recommendations above about him. He is informative, personable and highly entertaining. I’d go anywhere on a tour with him.