Please sign in to post.

Triple-Occupancy Rooms for Best of Spain in 14 Days Tours?

Can anyone please tell me whether or not triple-occupancy rooms are available on the subject tours?

V/R,
Aubrey

Posted by
2342 posts

That type of room is not super common in many hotels so I would contact the RS tour office and ask. I've seen triple room used on a different tour (Ireland) but it was often a cot brought in for the third bed. When I did Best of Spain tour we didn't have any triples sharing. Also it could depend on how you want the triple configured (three separate beds versus a double and a single). RS office should be able to enlighten you in any case.

Posted by
2375 posts

Have you done a dummy booking for the tour? I don't know if triple rooms are available on all tours, but I think I've usually seen that choice while booking a RS tour.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks. I did review the tour registration site, and it does list a triple room as an option.

Posted by
2622 posts

I did a RS tour as a triple a long time ago. It was TIGHT in those rooms... and our third person was my 11-year-old daughter. I would never do it again. The price is really high for three people crammed into a room. Could you do two bookings for three people and have two rooms? I don't know what your travel group consists of but the single supplement is only $725. Two of you could book one room and the other person could pay an extra $725 and have a room of their own. Total outlay is only that $725 and you get two bathrooms, way more space etc.

Just a thought:)

Posted by
5581 posts

Any triple room I've booked has been huge, except for one in Paris. I've booked triples in Barcelona, Munich, Prague, Vienna, and Salzburg. Typically, the rooms were a queen and a single, but occasionally we would get two queens. If its a hotel room set up and sold as a triple, I think you would have more luck with room size vs. a room that a cot has been added to. In Salzburg, we had two queens and a single. I needed to do some searching to find triples so it would really depend on the particular tour and the hotels used.

Posted by
1 posts

My husband and I were on the RS 14 day Spain tour with our 16 year old last June. We all stayed in one room and didn't feel squashed in and our teen wasn't on a bed that wasn't a real bed. The hotels were really nice!

Posted by
671 posts

I can’t speak to the Spain tour, but we booked triple occupancy on the Eastern Europe trip and almost all of our accommodations were two-room triples. The only small room we had the entire tour was in Budapest.

Posted by
7287 posts

Aubrey, I would contact the RS office, and they can let you know what type of triple rooms are available on this specific tour. Besides the space in the room for your three bags, the bathrooms could be smaller one-person-at-time, if that’s an issue for your group of three.