Please sign in to post.

Tours

I thought Rick did tours to Morocco but I don’t see them here.

Does anyone know anything about that?

Posted by
2429 posts

Odyssey’s Unlimited does tours to Morocco. I highly recommend this tour company. The best time to go is March or October.

Posted by
919 posts

I think years back the Spain tour included a day or two in Morocco. I know one of his older TV episodes includes a section on daytripping to Morocco.

Posted by
2377 posts

The Spain tour used to include two nights in Tangiers, Morocco (I took the tour in 2010) - it was quite an experience. Sadly they cut that from the program not too long after that The current guidebook contains a chapter on Tangiers for those wanting to hop over from the south of Spain.

Posted by
185 posts

Right now Imprint Tours is offering one to Morocco in April. The company is done by one of Rick's guides and is endorsed by RS. I have not traveled with them, but have heard great things.

Posted by
3521 posts

The tour was the Spain tour for a couple years where a couple nights in Morocco were included. The logistics were difficult and expensive getting everyone there and back so they dropped that part and made the Spain tour shorter. I think there may had been a change in government or attitude toward foreigners that helped push the tour out as well. Disappointed I missed it.

Posted by
16894 posts

I don't believe that the newest king of Morocco nor really any one specific about Morocco or Tangier prompted the change in the Spain tour itinerary. It coincided with an across-the-board effort to keep most tours to two weeks or less because they seem to sell better that way. We have no plan to undertake a Morocco-specific tour.

Posted by
996 posts

We did a reasonably priced tour with National Geographic/G Adventures to Morocco. They offer several different options.