Please sign in to post.

Tour dates 2018

When will the Ireland 2018 tour dates be released?

Posted by
1803 posts

Generally it's been late August. But it looks like RS is slowly posting them. I see Sicily, Spain and Portugal have been released.

Posted by
11179 posts

So far the 2018 tours released are for Feb and Mar, only with Portugal and London being exceptions

Posted by
1019 posts

Me too! for Ireland and Scotland. Most of the rest of the tours are generally released Mid August after Aug 10th or so.
Oh the waiting game is excruciating!!

Posted by
40 posts

Yes, Kim! We got home two weeks ago today from our first RS tour (GAS) and I'm so ready to book number two, I'm not sure I can wait until August!!

Posted by
503 posts

I spoke with someone in the tour department on Saturday. He said they hope to have them all out by the end of July.

Posted by
1019 posts

Jill & HOLLY - I got home on Fathers day from Barcelona and Madrid 8 day. Fun, but it was soooooo hot. So I am ready for Ireland and Scotland in 2018 for end of April, first of May back to back tours. I prefer cooler weather.

which Ireland? I went on the 14 day best of Ireland in 2014. Going back next year for the 8 day Heart of Ireland and 10 day Scotland

Kim

Posted by
2128 posts

Hi Jill, the 2018 dates for Ireland have been posted. We just returned from the 8 day tour and had a great time!

Posted by
1803 posts

A casual perusal of the 2018 tours indicates that prices seem to be up between $100 to $200 per tour over 2017 rates. Not all tours but many. On the positive side the early booking discount of $100 is being offered too.

Posted by
2469 posts

Jill,
The 2018 Ireland and Scotland tours are posted! I just checked. Woohoo, I hope to go on the Scotland one in October.

Posted by
84 posts

I am on it!!! Thank you so much. Ireland 14 day!

Posted by
670 posts

Rocket, I noticed that as well. I was particularly shocked that the lowest price on the Ireland tour jumped by $600. That's quite an increase. I'm hoping there aren't others that go up that much.....or I may need to re-think my plans for next summer!

Posted by
1019 posts

I noticed the large increase too in the 14 day Ireland. I already been on that one. It was my first RS tour and loved it.

Husband has never been to Ireland and Scotland, so we want to do the 7 day heart of Ireland and 10 Best of Scotland back to back.

Based on 2017 prices, It is going to cost me $600 more to take them in 2018. Arrgghh. Guess I have to work more hours on my part-time job to help!

Posted by
185 posts

I'm also waiting (not so) patiently for dates. I'm looking at the Best of Eastern Europe for next fall. I'm hoping that one doesn't suffer the large price increase others are seeing. I noted that the Best of the Adriatic went up by $200 so I'm hoping it will be about the same for the Best of Eastern Europe. Otherwise there will be some overtime in my future.

Posted by
3518 posts

Some tours went up in price, some went down, some stayed the same. It is similar to changes last year. I do think the huge jump in the Ireland tours is unexpected and not sure why it happened. Maybe after the full year tour calendar is release we will see some of the pricing normalize and these spikes are just because the tours at the time of year would be the higher priced ones anyway,

EDIT: On the Ireland tour prices, I was looking at the price range, not the individual tours. The range for 2017 started at $3,195 while the range for 2018 starts at $3,795 which is a $600 increase. But when you look at the individual tour dates for the year (remaining 2017 vs closest 2018 dates), they match up fairly closely in price.

Posted by
528 posts

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it looks like the Ireland tour increased by $100 for the in-season dates. I'm anxiously awaiting the Italy tours:)

Posted by
2469 posts

Interest rates are slowly going up. I read yesterday the Euro and the British pound went up slightly against the dollar and that the European Central Banks are considering bringing an end to the monetary stimulus measures put in place after the Great Recession. So it makes sense the European and British bankers will take similar actions as the Federal Reserve has been gradually increasing interest rates. Therefore, I'm not surprised that some of the RS tours will also be increasing in price. He's a savvy businessman as well as a travel guru. Go Rick! We get tremendous pleasure from your trips, almost the best ROI (return on investment) I've experienced with my dollars.

Posted by
2469 posts

Holly,
Did you know there is an Atlanta Travel group that meets pretty much monthly? If you are interested, send me a private message or check the category for Travel group meetings for the details. We have lots of fun talking travel! Would love to welcome you!

Posted by
40 posts

Hi, Judy. Yes, I know about the Atlanta group and was hoping to come last Saturday with Gail, who I met on our GAS tour earlier this month, but we made plans with friends before I knew about it. I'll definitely be at a future gathering and I cannot wait!!

I'm so torn now about Ireland. I'd prefer to do the 14 day. However, we have friends that live in the U.K. that would like to meet us there and spend a week with us. They cannot do the tour because of their daughter's school schedule. Not sure we can swing three weeks next year based on other things going on, unlike this year.... We may have to do the 8 day, and that will be ok.

Ugh! Such first world problems.

Posted by
2469 posts

Holly,
Gail mentioned how much fun they had on the GAS tour and also that she met you. I took a stab in the dark that this poster might be you! Our next meeting is Sat. July 22nd at 11 am. If you look up the Travel group meeting category, the details will be posted there.
Yes, I understand about 1st world problems! I think the 8 Day will be wonderful and I would not hesitate to sign up for the 14 day Ireland if circumstances permit. Right now, I think a friend of mine is going to sign up with me for the Scotland tour next October! I think you cannot go wrong whichever tour you take...this will be my 5th RS tour and I loved them all for different reasons. But, great tour mates, great guides and great itineraries! Excellent organization ties it all together to make fond memories of our travels. I'm also learning how to travel independently, too. In April next year, I will be going to Paris and Amsterdam with a friend and I will do the planning and make arrangements, etc., which is exciting. Of course, I will be asking for help on the forum.

Posted by
929 posts

It is going to cost me $600 more to take them in 2018. Arrgghh.

Hi,
The difference is actually much smaller ($1-200). The $600 price difference you are seeing is skewed due to a single 2017 tour date being on sale.

Posted by
1019 posts

I was not complaining/mad about the rise in cost.... but my figures are based on two travelers and two tours each and the prices increase that much from 2017 to the new 2018 prices.

Posted by
2788 posts

Thank goodness for getting a $700 discount for taking 14 RS tours previously plus an early sign up discount of $100. That $800 discount certainly helps with inflation.