Please sign in to post.

Toledo day trip from Madrid

Hello,

We will be on the My Way tour to Spain that starts in Barcelona on 10/13. When we reach Madrid we'd like to take a small group tour to Toledo. We'd like to tour to include transportation and include a guide. I’ve see motor coach tours but we’d prefer a smaller group.

We would be heading to Toledo on 10/17. We would appreciate any recommendations for who we should hire. If other travelers in our group are also interested let me know!

Thx

Posted by
771 posts

Can't help with a small group tour, but if you decide to go it on your own, the guide Juan Jose Espadas was our local guide on the Best of Spain this past spring, and he did an excellent job of showing us the highlights on the one morning he guided us. He is listed in the Rick Steves Spain book. Often, if you arrange a private guide (being willing to pay for them yourselves) others in your group may be willing to go along and share the cost. This happened with us when our tour ended and I arranged for guides in Cordoba and Madrid.

Posted by
60 posts

It's extremely easy to take the train from Madrid to Toledo, then hire a guide there. We hired this gentleman for a Toledo tour pre-Covid. He customizes your tour based on items of interest to you. He used to prefer to do only half day tours, but we convinced him we had enough interest for the entire day. He did a FABULOUS job, was so informative, so nice and so accommodating of our group of four. I don't remember the cost, but we felt it was more than reasonable when we booked, and worth every cent and more when the tour was complete.

Adolfo Ferrero Martínez

adolfo.ferrero@toledodelamano.com

+34-629 177 810

http://www.toledodelamano.com/en/

Of course Toledo is worth more than just a day trip (isn't everywhere?!), but if that is what you have don't hesitate to go for the day and enjoy as much as you can. You can always put it on your wish list for a return visit!

Posted by
882 posts

I enthusiastically second the recommendation of Adolfo Ferrero. A guided tour of Toledo with Adolfo is like walking around town with the mayor. That guy knows everybody and everything that is Toledo.