Please sign in to post.

Still no 2017 France tour reviews!

What's the deal? Paris tour reviews aplenty, but not a single recent review for Eastern France or Loire/South of France. We are on a September Eastern France tour and really hoped there would be some reviews or trip reports by now.

Posted by
3514 posts

I have noticed that for several tours that there are no current reviews. Not sure why, they used to post almost immediately after the tour.

Posted by
2165 posts

When does the first Eastern France tour depart? I know they don't have as many departures for that tour. It may not be fast enough, but we're going mid-August, returning Sept.5th. I'll be happy to share our experience; let me know if there's anything you're specifically looking for.

Posted by
470 posts

Patty, there were three tours in May that are now completed and there are three more in June.
The first tour of the season finished a month ago. Given that approximately 75 people have already completed the tour this season, at least some tour evaluations must have been submitted. I believe the RS staff edits those evaluations to create the reviews. Maybe there is just a backlog since it is summer vacation time for the editing staff. Just hard to be patient. Every season the tours get tweaked some, and we are eager to hear what new things have been added this year.

Posted by
7049 posts

Just send the Webmaster a note instead of airing it here...he'll know what's going on. That's what I do and the reviews show up shortly thereafter. They do need to get reviewed before being posted (it's totally conceivable that there is a backup with all the tours going on simultaneously), and other times there's just a technical issue going on that the Webmaster can deal with.

Posted by
171 posts

Traveling: I was on this tour late last year. I just reviewed the 2017 itinerary, it is identical to 2016 through day 12. This year the 13th day is spent in Aix-en-Provence with a departure from Aix the final day. In 2016 day 13 was spent in Marseilles. IMO your tour has been improved this year by eliminating Marseilles. Tour meal highlight is the winery lunch on day 12.

Posted by
470 posts

Thanks Ray. I knew about the change in itinerary of the final stop, and I appreciate your perspective. Since the office is clearly behind with posting reviews I thought I would do a little " fishing" to see if anyone who had done the tour this season would respond. It would be helpful to see a trip report with details about free time activities, restaurants etc. As always, I remain baffled as to why most people on RS tours don't seem to know about and/ or use these forums.

Posted by
16893 posts

I confirmed with the France tour manager that it's just a backlog on reading them, at the moment, as May is one of the busiest tour departure months.