Please sign in to post.

Staying in London

I would like recommendations for hotels well located in London for 4 night stay.

Posted by
4081 posts

Dates, budget, interests, number of persons travelling? Otherwise any answer will be pure guesswork.

Posted by
9062 posts

OP, please provide more information.

Budget? Interests? Been to London before?

Happy to share intel accumulated over decades of visits to London…..but….

Is this before or after the cruise?

Posted by
8285 posts

You might want to get a travel book of London and read up on where you want to stay and what you want to do while you're in the city. Your question is difficult to answer without more details.

Posted by
318 posts

The Savoy. You can't go wrong with the Savoy [although some say the food is, you know, deadly]..

"Bob Dylan stayed in the hotel in 1965 and filmed the video clip "Subterranean Homesick Blues" in an adjacent alley. Laurence Olivier and Vivien Leigh met at the hotel. Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, John Wayne, Louis Armstrong, Humphrey Bogart, Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, Maria Callas, Coco Chanel, Christian Dior, Sophia Loren, Julie Andrews, Lena Horne, Marlon Brando, Jane Fonda, Barbra Streisand, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, Elton John, U2, Led Zeppelin, The Who, George Clooney, Whoopi Goldberg and Stephen Fry are just a few of the celebrities who stayed there in recent decades. Richard Harris [Dumbledore] lived at the hotel for the last several years of his life. While being carried out on a stretcher before he died, he joked, "It was the food.""

Posted by
17168 posts

You really need to give us more to go on, in terms of what you are looking for, what sights you want to see, budget, etc. That last is particularly important. There is no point in suggesting a wonderful 4-star luxury hotel if you are on a 2-star budget.

There are at least as many “well located” hotels in London as there are people in this forum who might answer your question. So you will get a lot of different answers unless you limit the responses by listing your requirements.

Posted by
23534 posts

For the last three visits we have used the Victoria Station Best Western. Only a block or so from Victoria Station and convenient for local transportation.

Posted by
553 posts

Well, ever since I saw a PBS special on it, I have wanted to stay at Claridge’s. So if you’re going to ask me what my hotel without any price limit on would be, I’d go there

Posted by
7766 posts

The Savoy. You can't go wrong with the Savoy [although some say the food is, you know, deadly

If you stay at David’s recommendation, where the Beatles have been, remember also George’s song warning about the Savoy Truffle. “What’s sweet now, turns so sour,” and you’ll have to have all your teeth pulled out because of the level of sugar.

Seriously, do you want only hotel recommendations, or perhaps a classic London Bed and Breakfast?

Posted by
2097 posts

I stayed at a small B & B across from Kensington Gardens. Very convenient location and close to the tube and buses.

The name of the B & B is Hotel 63. That's all you need Hotel 63 London.

I also like booking.com for research and can also be used for booking.

Posted by
33392 posts

the only other thing we know about staytonbarbara5775 is from her only other post

We will be disembarking from a cruise on 28th at Dover terminal. We
have a flight from LHR mid afternoon that same day. What is the best
way to get there? How much time will it take? Any suggestions
appreciated.

Using British Air for direct flight to PDX.

But we don't know the 28th of which month.

That was about 3 weeks ago.

It would really help to have those other details. This question is posted in the Tours Forum so maybe it is before or after a Rick Steves tour and then the cruise???