Please sign in to post.

Staying in Amsterdam

Would love recommendations for a centrally located hotel in Amsterdam, 2 or 3 stars, reasonable cost

Posted by
65 posts

We stayed at the doubletree which is a 5 minute walk from central station. I would stay there again. Staff was great, room was fine and clean. Breakfast was great. Just don’t order omelets. They take forever

Posted by
1647 posts

We absolutely loved our stay at Sweets Hotel. It's not a typical hotel. It is a collection of tiny houses that were once occupied by canal bridge keepers.

We stayed in two of the houses and loved them both.

https://sweetshotel.amsterdam

Posted by
263 posts

There's an Ibis Hotel (part of the Accor chain) very close to the train station that is clean, comfortable, no frills and reasonably priced. It's an easy walk from there to everywhere you want to go. I've stayed there and it was a good, inexpensive choice.

Posted by
3996 posts

What do you define as “reasonable cost” including taxes and fees per night?

Posted by
2 posts

For reasonable, guess i was thinking in the $100-200 per night if available. We have stayed at a particular place several times in the past, but it has gone up a lot, so just checking on alternatives

Posted by
2299 posts

hey hey kelly
when is this trip? makes a difference in high & low seasons, how many people, your reasonable is low, by 2 or 3 stars is for amenities you hope and wish for, how many days?
aloha

Posted by
1 posts

The Ibis next to the central rail station was both convenient for transportation to/from the airport and economical for my two days in Amsterdam last year following a RS tour of Germany.

Posted by
118 posts

We've stayed at the Jakarta Amsterdam and really liked it; the rooms were nice, modern, quiet, and the morning buffets were excellent.

We liked it so much that we've booked it again for October this year.