Please sign in to post.

Spain my way June 20, 2024- who is going?

Hi all, would love to put together roster so we can connect before the trip. We are going with two teens and wondered if they will have buddies their age. We are so looking forward to the trip.

Also any recommendations welcome. We are trying to decide whether to do day trip from Madrid in particular.

Posted by
2259 posts

We are not on your tour, but we just finished the My Way Spain tour May 12th. I’m happy to answer any questions. Do you know who your guide is? Several people on our tour did a day trip to Toledo and enjoyed it. Have you already booked the sites you want to see? We didn’t think we needed to book the Cathedral in Seville and it was sold out 10 days before we arrived. First communion celebrations may have contributed to that, but if it’s on your list and you haven’t booked it, check their calendar.

The whole experience exceeded our expectations and the group was wonderful. It was still during school, but we did have an 8 year old on our tour. I think you can call the RS office and see if there are other teens.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks, Patty. I don’t see anything that tells us who our guide is. Did you get that ahead of the trip? I’ll reach out to the tour company to see if they can tell me that and whether there are any other teens.
Thanks for the advice about the cathedral in Sevilla.

Posted by
2259 posts

Have you gotten your tour documents yet with the first names of the people in your group? The guide’s name is at the top.

Posted by
2259 posts

Have your tour documents posted yet in your tour account? That’s always an exciting time when you get the list of hotels and fellow travelers.

Posted by
27 posts

We really enjoyed this My Way tour pre-covid and would recommend a day trip from Madrid. We took the train (tourist ticket) to Toledo mid-day to evening and were able to see the beautiful cathedral, the chapel of Santo Tome with Greco's painting, walk through the city (marzipan treat and shop for damascene earrings) and tourist bus around the city for the magnificent view that includes the Tajo River gorge. We also spent a second day taking the regional train to El Escorial and hired taxi to the Valley of the Fallen. This was a wonderful day out of the city with no museums (yes, one austere basilica with gorgeous views from the plaza) and a very simply furnished palace. We returned to Madrid after the tour ended for another 2 days of seeing the sights in the city before our flight home. Enjoy Spain!

Posted by
5 posts

I’m so excited. I found the roster in our tour documents, but i want to know more! :) it will be so fun to meet everyone and put faces to the names. i just read another post asking about teens traveling with rick steves tours and realized my kids have each other and will be perfectly content with each other's company. my younger kid also loves have deep philosophical conversations with adults so he will make friends no matter what. i think we may just go with the flow for Madrid and not make any decisions regarding day trip until we get there. we are thinking we may try to go to the evening hours at the museums. Anyone do that for the Prado or Reina Sofia?

I am sure your family will love the Spain my way tour! I highly recommend pre booking some of the very popular sites ie Sagrada Familia before as they sell out weeks before. Out of Madrid we took two day trips , one to Segovia and the other to Toledo. Both fantastic, especially Segovia. Recommend the “Trainline” app to prebiok the trains to both. Finally in the RS books are a list of recommended tour guides. Hands down, it’s so much better to have a personal guide to lead you through their town, fairly inexpensive too! Have a great time!

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks for the train line app suggestion and the tour guide recommendation.very helpful!