Please sign in to post.

Single interested in 2023 RS tour of Croatia

Has any one been on a RS Croatia tour? I have never taken any tour group trip to Europe, I have been in Europe many times. I was thinking of going on a Croatia tour as a good chance to check out a country I have never been to before and I would definitely not go on my own otherwise.

Posted by
2375 posts

I will be doing the Adriatic tour next month, it will be my 8th RS tour, most as a single. There have always been other people traveling alone, and the rest of the people on the tours have been welcoming. I think it's a great way to travel and suggest you give it a try.

Posted by
8369 posts

This is a great tour to go on as a solo traveler. Nice mix of planned activities and free time. The guide gives valuable background and perspective about the places you will see. I’d encourage you to get the single supplement. The name of the RS tour is “ Best of the Adriatic”, and includes time in Slovenia as well as a night in Bosnia in addition to Croatia.

Posted by
7049 posts

If you have been to Europe many times, why do you hesitate to go to Croatia on your own? It's a very easy, friendly country to visit even without a tour.

Posted by
263 posts

I second the comments about this being a great tour for a single. I went on it in April as a single and had a wonderful time. There were a number of other singles on the tour, and even with other tours I've gone on as a single, it's never been an issue - it's an easy way to get to see the country, learn an incredible amount from the tour guides, and a chance to make new travel friends. Go for it!

Posted by
3961 posts

I can’t comment as a solo traveler for this amazing tour. That said, when my husband & I took this tour in 2018 their were at least a half dozen solo travelers. They all loved this tour. We have been on many RS tours and developed many friendships with solo travelers. I would not hesitate taking this tour. Our guide and the local guides were outstanding. Have to say this tour was a life-altering experience.

I will add that Ljubljana is my favorite city. If you have an extra day or two I highly recommend arriving early. Enjoy this walkable town & friendly people! We enjoyed staying 2 nights at an apartment by the river.

Posted by
3996 posts

I mostly travel as a solo traveler and have been doing so since I was in my 20s. I’m now 52 and am a lady. Since you have enjoyed traveling to Europe on your own, why wouldn’t you want to go to Croatia on your own? My question essentially mirrors Agnes’ question as I wonder the same thing.

Posted by
8369 posts

I never cease to be amazed that people feel it necessary to try to “convince” someone expressing interest in taking a tour that they should just go independently. Of course the OP could travel independently, but she is asking about a tour and a specific tour as well.

A tour is a different type of travel experience. It isn’t better or worse than independent travel, but it does provide the traveler a unique type of experience. If the OP thinks she might like to try this type of travel experience, then the Best of Adriatic would be a great choice.

My personal feeling is that a person benefits from at least trying different travel modes and expanding his/her travel experiences.

Posted by
2127 posts

I haven’t done RS Croatia but I have done several other RS tours solo - France, Ireland, Belgium-Holland, and Germany-Austria-Switzerland. I really enjoyed the itineraries and learned a lot. The other tour participants were very welcoming. I say ‘go for it’!

Posted by
2 posts

Our tour just ended last week. There were 5 singles on our trip. Everyone mingled with everyone during dinners and on the bus. It was our first RS trip and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We signed up because we felt it would be so much easier to take care of the logistics of getting around to all these wonderful places. We highly recommend this itinerary!

Posted by
2252 posts

I took this tour a few years ago with my sister. We met some Seattle area friends on that tour who are still making yearly travel plans with us. There were several singles on this tour and as always, they were warmly welcomed and included by those traveling with friends and family. It’s a wonderful tour with an incredibly varied itinerary and a wealth of experiences. Go, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, make new friends, learn a lot and have a terrific time.

Posted by
121 posts

My son and I did this tour 7 years ago (Best of the Adriatic). The whole group mixed and mingled, based on personalities. Families, couples, singles. I loved this tour, and I recommend extra days in Ljubljana, to shake jet lag, and to enjoy this immensely beautiful and friendly city. The tourist office in Ljubljana had excellent options for activities & day trips, to chose from before the Rick Steves tour started. My son and I spent an extra day at Lake Bled, went to the opera, and visited amazing caves. This is a great tour.

Posted by
2 posts

I took the Adriatic tour in May/June on my own and had a wonderful experience. There were two of us traveling solo but our group was phenomenal. I could do things with others or wander off on my own if I felt like it. I will def. look at going solo on another tour based on this experience.