Please sign in to post.

Sicily 2018 up

I notice that the early dates for Sicily 2018 are posted. It starts at $2295. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the cheapest dates for that tour run at $1995 last year?

Posted by
3160 posts

The $1995 price is for the off-season option. That tour for 2018 is not posted. If you take a look at 2017 vs. 2018, , the price on the regular tour dropped by $300.

EDIT: Oops! Just took another look and those prices are more. However, it's a different itinerary. So it's not quite an apples to apples comparison. It's sorta like green olives to black olives.

Posted by
16893 posts

In 2018, all Sicily tour departures will follow a single route, with no separate "Off-Season" plan. All will include sleeping in Taormina instead of Ragusa.

Posted by
1546 posts

Thanks for pointing out the itinerary changes. I was at work and didn't spend enough time examining it.

I've wanted to do this tour for a long time but for various reasons including cost haven't yet. DH knows though that if we don't do it by my 50th then thats where I'll be celebrating!

Posted by
6289 posts

We loved the Ragusa hotel; definitely funky. The town was interesting, as well, although in the off-season most of the eateries we tried were closed.

Much less touristy than Taormina, although the comparison may not be fair; we were in Ragusa in February or early March, and in Taormina in June.