Please sign in to post.

Scrapbooks

Eagerly awaiting the posting of the last entries to the scrapbook contest. I really enjoy looking at them - and the ones from the past too. I'm guessing a large number were submitted on the last day and that's why they haven't been posted yet.

Do you look at all of them or just the tours that you might want to take in the future? Do you look at past year's entries too?

Posted by
102 posts

Yes. There were 37 on the 28th and the contest closed on the 29th. I know of at least one entry that was made on Saturday and i imagine there are more.

Posted by
11156 posts

I don’t look at them for the tours but rather to see the locations.

Posted by
144 posts

I look for location of a upcoming tour. I try to look see how weather might be.. how the dressed in layers or not..
I look at past tours to bring back fond memories. I read the scrapbooks often.

Posted by
4097 posts

I didn't know about the Scrapbooks until I got an RS email about it and letting me know I could submit one for my Loire to the South of France trip last year( I did submit one). They seem to be a well kept secret. I've been looking at them in a general sense for the photos, and looked at the written details on a few others for tours that interest me. I think I enjoy them more than the Trip Reports, but it's only a once a year thing, so we don't get to see a lot. I wish we could leave comments and ask questions of the entrants.

Posted by
102 posts

Allan. I loved your scrapbook. That trip is definitely on my 'to do ' list.

Posted by
102 posts

60 are up now. Several hours of armchair travels ahead.
One is by a tour mate on the trip I took in May.

Posted by
1226 posts

One is by a tour mate from my December tour. What fun to relive this and explore other trips. Thanks to all who contributed!

Do you look at all of them or just the tours that you might want to take in the future? Do you look at past year's entries too?

I go to the tours that call out to me first. I imagine it will take quite a while to work through all of these. I do go into the past scrapbooks when planning a trip. I have taken the MyWay Alpine but have been thinking about it for a second time. I was so happy to see in one of the new posts that the author encountered a cow parade. Hours of fun awaiting.