Please sign in to post.

RS Greece Tour October 7, 2019

Hi!
We are signed up for this tour and wondering if anyone on the forum is as well. The tour looks to be sold out, just hoping to connect before the tour. It will be our first RS tour.
If no one responds, I will bump this post up the thread every few months.
So excited!๐Ÿ˜

*edit-reposting this! Tour still sold out, looking to see if any future tourmates are lurking on this forum.

Posted by
166 posts

We took this tour last year and had the experience of a lifetime! One word of advice is if you plan on swimming in the ocean (several opportunities) bring a pair neoprene booties (like divers wear) because the beaches are small round pebbles that are hard to walk on bare footed. You will love the food on the tour, and the Greek people are very friendly.

Posted by
2707 posts

Cheap beach shoes such as those sold in Walmart will work fine. You can throw them away before you leave Athens. Out of 7 RS tours still our favorite!

Posted by
1102 posts

any suggestions on men's hats for the tour? Do people just buy one when in Greece or is there one you can suggest (REI, etc) to get before going?

Posted by
11179 posts

any suggestions on men's hats for the tour?

Wear whatever you wear at home. ( assuming you would not embarrass your mother with whatever might be written/depicted on it!)

Posted by
15582 posts

I took this tour 2 years ago and absolutely loved it. Lots of sunscreen, sun hats, and sturdy sandals and hiking shoes. Many of the places have stone stairs that are badly worn and slippery (well, what do you expect after 2-3 thousand years :-) and some of the hikes are better with closed shoes. Drink a lot of water - dehydration can be serious and you don't realize it's happening.

Get to Europe at least a day before the trip begins. A lot of this tour is strenuous and you want to be ready for it. Allow at least 2 days in Athens pre- or post-tour. There's a lot to see and do that isn't covered by the tour.

Posted by
1102 posts

Wear whatever you wear at home. ( assuming you would not embarrass your mother with whatever might be written/depicted on it!)

That's the thing. I wear a cheap straw hat I usually find at a street fair. Looks decent, and when it starts to break apart I buy another. But I don't think it can be packed.