Please sign in to post.

Rick walks the talk again...

...showing compassionate generosity, sharing his time and talents, and keeping a global perspective.
Thank you Rick for being a guiding light during these dark days.
Note: I tried to copy the photo/ link but it didn’t work.

Rick Steves, guidebook author and travel TV host; Presiding Bishop Elizabeth Eaton of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America; and the Rev. Shelley Bryan Wee bishop of the ELCA Northwest Washington Synod, invite you to a virtual benefit — the first of its kind — for ELCA World Hunger. Our goal is to raise $250,000 to confront hunger in the time of COVID-19.

When: Thursday, Sept. 24, 7 p.m. Central time
Where: Zoom virtual event

Register today: https://bit.ly/2Pxqn0C

Posted by
470 posts

Thanks James E. My link does get you to the site to sign up, but didn’t include the article.
Bonus awarded for your link which also includes info about the Reformation special Rick made for the ELCA ( my synod of choice).

I appreciate Rick's generosity. He has been a significant contributor to various charitable efforts over his career.

To "piggyback" on this thread - Children International has an emergency fund that anyone can donate to at any time for any amount. The money directly buys food for impoverished families worldwide. Another great way to contribute. (children.org)

All these efforts are badly needed. Do what you can! It's all great!

Posted by
1411 posts

Tom, a zillion dead German Lutherans just spun in their graves.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is the amalgamation of Lutherans from several ethnicities. it is the mainline denomination.

AALC , Missouri Synod, Wisconsin Synod and probably others are the more conservative sister's

A Liberal arts education is a terrible thing to waste