Please sign in to post.

Rick steves visit in Oklahoma

Hi all - if you live in the okc area or even tulsa area, Rick is coming to Edmond, ok( my son's college, oklahoma Christian university ) on march 31. Just a public service announcement! Lol. I am going. Can't wait! You will have to get tickets thru the school's website.

Kim

Posted by
315 posts

You don't hear about Rick speaking in the mid west often. At least I haven't. So this was exciting to me even though I will not be able to attend this event. I am hoping that there will be more planned events in our neck of the woods in the future.

Posted by
6265 posts

Listen up, Okies: Public Television network OETA is offering passes to the Deluxe level: a meet and greet with Rick, as well as tickets to his talk, as a premium in its spring fund raiser. I don't know the details yet, but you can probably find them on OETA's website, or in this month's OETA newsletter. Edmond's not a bad drive from Kansas or North Texas, either. Support public television, and get to meet Rick!

Posted by
6265 posts

I checked the current "Odyssey," the OETA monthly newsletter, and while it mentions the availability of passes to the RS event, it doesn't post a donation level. Neither does the website - www.oeta.tv. I just emailed them a query; if I get a response I'll post it here.

Posted by
3938 posts

Jane, so excited for y'all. We lived in Norman a long time ago and I would have made the drive to Edmond to hear Rick. Maybe you can have a meet up prior to the event with other travel forum members who might attend?

Posted by
1017 posts

More info - I was watching oeta rick steves yesterday for their festival. It was $200 donation for two passes. $450 I think for the meet and greet donation. This is the second time I will have seen him here at oklahoma Christian university in Edmond ok. He came there in 2011 or 2012 before I went on my first RS trip. Don't slam me here .... and not to take away any funding or donations away from oeta.... your second option to buy his tickets is thru the school website . They are $15 each for just his lecture or $200 each ticket for the meet and greet session before the lecture. Either way is fantastic. and will be enjoyed by all

Kim

Posted by
1017 posts

More info - I was watching oeta rick steves yesterday for their festival. It was $200 donation for two passes. $450 I think for the meet and greet donation. This is the second time I will have seen him here at oklahoma Christian university in Edmond ok. He came there in 2011 or 2012 before I went on my first RS trip. Don't slam me here .... and not to take away any funding or donations away from oeta.... your second option to buy his tickets is thru the school website . They are $15 each for just his lecture or $200 each ticket for the meet and greet session before the lecture. Either way is fantastic. and will be enjoyed by all

Kim