Please sign in to post.

Rail Strikes and the Best of Eastern France Tour

In protest of new laws proposed by the French government, rail workers have announced a wave of rolling strikes through June. These strikes may cause delays and limit the number of trains from Paris to Reims on June 17th, Day 1 of your Best of Eastern France tour. You can find the most up-to-date information on rail schedules through the French national rail website: https://en.oui.sncf/en/. The final tour documents, located within your tour customer account, will provide you with the best transportation options to your hotel. We are posting this thread to provide you with the opportunity to coordinate rideshares with some of your fellow tour members. Arranging rideshares depends on your ability to coordinate your flight arrival time with your fellow travelers but, if it works out for all parties, it can help alleviate some of the cost. Your tour guide is looking forward to meeting you all in Reims!

Posted by
470 posts

Thanks for this heads up Keith. Unfortunately in my experience very few tour members know about and/or use this forum. I understand the privacy issues about only sharing first names and home towns of tour members, but if a link to this forum was included with that information it would be more likely that tour members could connect ahead of time.

Posted by
1101 posts

^^^ I don't think there would be any privacy concerns if in the emailed tour confirmation they simply added a paragraph mentioning the forum (and this sub-forum). People that want to connect can then do using the private messages on this forum as well as generic publicly posted messages. For example if many members of the June 17th tour mentioned above were on this forum then some brave soul could say "We're on the tour; send me a private message if you want to explore whether we can share a ride to Paris"

And RS has the email addresses of all the tour members. Even now, about a month before the tour departure, they could send an "update" email letting people know about the rail strike and mentioning this sub-forum

Hello fellow Eastern France travelers: We plan to arrange for a private car service to take us from central Paris to our hotel in Reims on Sunday, June 17 leaving Paris at about 1:00 pm. If two of you would like to join me and my husband, the cost per person will be about 60 euros each. Feel free to get in touch with me at lindajennings68@gmail.com

See you all on June 17!