Please sign in to post.

Private tours in Paris

What are the best private walking tours in Paris
Thankyou

Posted by
1 posts

Hi Elsa,

Have you tried Walk My Steps ?
They have a lot of choice, they work only with state-licensed professionals and you can book your tour in a few clicks

http://www.walkmysteps.com

My uncle tried them and he was super happy with the experience

cheers
dom

Posted by
353 posts

Hi Elsa,

On a recent trip to Paris I used Paris Walks - www.paris-walks.com. They offer several different itineraries with both group and private tours. I did their Medieval Latin Quarter walk, which was very good. Check out their website for other options. I also did a bicycle tour of the Marais through Bike About Tours - www.bikeabouttours.com, which was very fun. They also do a tour of Versailles that I've heard is very good, although I haven't done this one personally.

Posted by
1994 posts

I find Context Paris to offer the best tours. Groups are limited to six people. Guides typically have at least a masters degree and guiding in their area of specialization. As an example, I toured the Italian Renaissance collection of the Louvre with a PhD-level art historian whose day job is as a collection manager at the museum.

Posted by
15582 posts

I've taken several Paris Walks tours. They vary in quality depending on the guide (which you won't know in advance). The Chocolate tour with Iris (if she's back from maternity leave) is excellent. In April I took this ghost tour that was entertaining and informative. Fat Tire offers good bike and Segway tours. It's a good way to start your visit and get oriented to the city.

Posted by
15582 posts

Rick's audio tours are enjoyable - be sure to download the maps!

Posted by
62 posts

Virginia, did you take the Paris Charms & Secrets electric bike tour? If so, what was your opinion? It looks like a lovely tour.