I received a very nice email from Rick Steves Europe about preparing for my tour next month. It gave some good, general advice. It talked about anticipated weather, packing, advance reservations and where we will meet to start the tour. All the information was good. However, I realized that there are several other things I do to prepare for a Rick Steves tour that are never mentioned.
1) If I am going to need new shoes, buy them a month out and break them in.
2) Check and double check flight arrangements on a weekly basis the month prior to a tour.
3) Increase my daily walking.
4) Make plans to make sure mail, bills, etc are cared for while I am gone.
5) I only have one credit card that asks for travel notices anymore, but I do make sure that I set that up with that bank.
What are the things that you do to prepare to go on a Rick Steves Tour?