Please sign in to post.

Portugal May 2019

I am new to this forum. We are planning (2 couples) trip to Portugal beginning of May. We are flying into Porto. We are then going to the Algarve and then to Lisbon where we will be flying home from. We are new to trip planning and are looking for any suggestions on how long to stay in each place, where to stay that is mid-range and not too expensive and what to do and get around each town. I know that is a BIG ask so I thank you all in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Posted by
362 posts

Repost this under Destination Q&A “Portugal” as it has nothing to do with RS tours nor is it a trip report. Include the length of your trip in nights, your interests & whether you plan to rent a car or rely on trains/buses so others can better guide you. RS Portugal travel book is a great resource & can give you ideas. Check your local library if you don’t want to buy the book.
With 2 couples you may want to look into renting a 2 bedroom apartment on sites like Airbnb, Homeaway, Booking, etc. May can still be quite cool in the Algarve & waters cold if you are hoping for a beach break. Flying open jaw Porto-Lisbon great idea.