Please sign in to post.

Planning My Way Europe 2019 - 3 friends

I am planning a My Way Europe tour with a friend and she would like to invite her sister. Would we have to pay a single supplement for all of us to share a room or should we get a double room and a single room with a supplement or should we get a fourth person to go so we can just get two rooms and not have to worry about the signle supplement? Has anyone been in this situation or know of someone that has and how you/they handled the situation?

Posted by
2367 posts

3 women shared a room on one of my RS tours--you would have to contact them to see if this is possible on the tour you want to do. You wouldn't pay a single supplement in that case. Are you sure you would be okay all 3 sharing 1 bathroom?

Posted by
3206 posts

If it were me and I was traveling with two friends, I would want the single room and would pay the supplement. If you just want to share that single room, pay for one single supplement and you can rotate the room between the three of you. I would not chance being matched with an unknown single. So really, only you or the three of you can decide. On my tour there were two women traveling together but they each paid the single supplement so they wouldn't be together 24 hours per day. I thought that plan was wonderful.

Posted by
154 posts

I'd go with the three of you splitting the fee for the single supplement and rotating at each stop. I was on this tour in 2015 and there are 13 nights - 2 in Paris, Lauterbrunnen, Munich, Venice, Cinque Terre and Rome. The odd night is Beaune, between Paris and Lauterbrunnen. You would each get two stops in a single room and could roll dice/draw straws for the 1 odd night. You would each get a bit of privacy, which to me always helps when traveling, plus having the benefit of a second bathroom to share as an option. This was our first RS Tour and it was a wonderful experience. You will have a great time!

Posted by
13891 posts

lizthemadhatter has a great suggestion!

I've been on the GAS tour with a family of 3 (daughter was 20-ish, so an adult) and she wound up on a cot most of the time. European hotel rooms are usually pretty small and unless the price is an issue I'd not try to do a triple.

Personally, I would go for the single supplement myself as like Wray, I like some alone time!

I'd only do the 4th person if there is someone you have traveled with and get along with well. This is an intense tour - lots of possibilities for sights so it's got to be someone either you know will mesh with the 3 of you or who will be content to do her own thing.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you, these sound like good ideas, especially having the second bathroom. I do think sharing the supplement and taking turns with the room rather than adding a fourth person to the mix or having a cot makes more sense.

Posted by
54 posts

Just wanted to add that if you look at the winning tour scrapbook from last year, this is exactly what the three women that won the top prize did-they split the cost of the single supplement and rotated who got it. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
3 posts

Deb, that's a great idea. I will check it out and share with my friends, thank you.