Please sign in to post.

Park Guell

I'm going on the Best of Barcelona and Madrid tour, and the tour states it goes to Park Guell. I'm not sure if the tour is going into the part of the park that requires a purchased ticket. Can anyone who has done this tour provide some information. I would like to know if I need to purchase tickets. Thanks

Posted by
1281 posts

Under your tour description, it lists what is included. So, I’m pretty positive the entry fee for Park Guell is included. Here is a quote from the fine print

“ Included in the price of each tour: We pride ourselves on including a lot in our tour price; sightseeing tours by an RSE guide, and local guides when appropriate, including admissions to sights seen as a group; all breakfasts and half of your dinners (as determined by RSE); accommodations each night, often in family-run hotels in the historic heart of each city; all transportation from the first hotel to the last hotel of the tour (does not include optional activities or independent travel during the tour); all RSE guide, local guide, and driver tips; and a tour kit including a guidebook (when available) and a moneybelt.”

Posted by
7 posts

I’m also going on that tour and I have the same question. The description is unclear, looks like we drive by.

Posted by
2339 posts

When I did this tour in 2016, Park Güell wasn't part of the tour and I visited on my own. I'd be surprised if you aren't taken through the (ticketed) monument area.

On our tour, we went to the museum on Montjuïc that morning before taking the train to Madrid. I suspect a visit to Park Güell has replaced that.

Posted by
26840 posts

I'd call or email the tour office. The description of the day's activities sounds as if it would allow time to tour the park, but there's no clear statement to that effect. My guess is yes, because on this website under "What's Included" for that tour, it lists Parc Guell as an included sightseeing event. I don't think you can see many of the key features of Parc Guell without actually going inside, and I'd consider it odd if you end up just waving at the park as the bus rolls by.

Posted by
4 posts

The description seems vague about going into the ticketed area, and I wanted to be sure. Thanks for your help.