Please sign in to post.

Paris Tour review for June 2015

This is a very late report, but I'll add myself to the chorus of approval for the week-long Paris tour I took last year. The tour booked us in the Hotel Duquesne*** in the 7th. They provided a 6-day museum pass (YUGE value!), a Navigo metro pass, and other goodies. I had been to Paris twice before and to Europe many times, all independently, but I wanted this tour to take advantage of quality guides to get more out of what I was seeing and experiencing. I was not disappointed!

Terri was our outstanding tour guide. She personally led the walk of the Latin Quarter and Sainte Chapelle. The tour arranged for first-rate specialty guides for the Louvre and l'Orangerie museums, as well as Montmartre and Versailles.

We took the Metro everywhere except for one morning when a surprise taxi strike clogged the Metro and forced Terri to move quickly to get our group onto a city bus to Montmartre.

Three group dinners were included in the tour and I enjoyed each. I'm no foodie so I can't properly rate the restaurants in the pantheon of Paris cuisine, but I was very pleased nevertheless.

I would consider a similar week-long RS city tour in the future, particularly for Rome.

Posted by
1203 posts

It is a great tour, thank you for sharing. I have been on several week long RS tours along with the bus tours totaling 13 tours. Going on my 14th tour in August. I have been on the Paris tour twice, once solo and once with a woman I met on the London tour and we are still friends! I have also been on the Rome tour twice and it is a great tour as Rome can be a bit overwhelming. I now feel comfortable to go to Paris and Rome on my own, never thought I would say that! Any of the week long tours are wonderful. But you will love Rome and having a guide really does help you understand the inner workings of the city and get you into the Vatican easily. I have been to Europe on my own with friends and love that, but the tours are so wonderful it really does make your time there worthwhile and you learn so much.

Posted by
13907 posts

Thanks for your Trip Report! I also loved this tour and yes, I, too, feel very comfortable as a solo traveler in Paris because of it. I didn't stay in that Hotel for my Paris tour but it's good to know you liked it.

I love the value-added aspect of having a guide!