Please sign in to post.

Paris and the Heart of France, Sept 24, 2019

Just wondering if anyone else is flying out of MSP arriving on the 24th around 11:10 am. Looking at the possibility of traveling to the hotel together. Jh

Posted by
13809 posts

I hope you find someone but if not it's pretty easy to grab a taxi from the official taxi rank. Have you been to Paris before? I believe this tour uses hotels both on the Right and Left Banks for it's initial stay. There is a flat rate for a taxi of 50E to the Right Bank and 55E to the Left Bank.

TBH, on all the tours I've been on very few group members knew about the forums!

Have a fun time. I loved this tour! Who's your guide?

Posted by
6265 posts

We took this tour this past May, and had a great time. We took Le Bus Direct from the airport. We were staying pre-tour in the 7th, so we took the bus all the way to the Eiffel Tower, but there are other stops that may work better for you. Easy, and cheaper than a taxi, especially if you're alone.

Posted by
5 posts

Thanks Jane and Pam. Our first hotel is actually Hotel b Montmartre, so it is some distance from the river and Eiffel Tower. Our tour guide is Chris Coleman.

Posted by
13809 posts

I've noticed a number of trip reports this year with stays at that hotel. The taxi fare will be 50E to that location.

I've not traveled with Chris but she looks like lots of fun from her bio!

Posted by
6265 posts

Our tour hotel was the b Montmartre; there are some interesting places to eat in that neighborhood.

We opted for a different (cheaper) one before the tour, however.

Posted by
94 posts

We’ve had Chris as our guide twice. First for Paris and the HOF. Two years later for Eastern France. We were very happy both times. She’s a great guide with all the attributes you come to expect in a RS guide. A caring, thoughtful and fun spirit! You should have a great trip.

Posted by
1 posts

I would recommend the RER train to Gare de Nord and a cab from there. Train is easy to catch from Charles De Gaulle.

Posted by
5 posts

Jane, where did you catch the Le Bus Direct at the airport? Thanks.

Posted by
6265 posts

Joan, honestly I don't remember. I do remember that it was easy - seems like we just followed the exit signs after customs and passport control. I did ask a few people along the way, and they pointed us to the exit.

There was a bit of confusion there; the first bus that showed up at the stop was off-loading, and wasn't taking on new passengers. Some folks who were waiting for the same bus as we tried to get on, but an attendant waved us down to the next spot, just a few yards away. Our bus pulled up withing a minute or two.

There is more than one line, by the way, so go to the website https://www.lebusdirect.com/en/ and study the routes to see which one works for you. You can buy your tickets ahead of time online.

Edit to add: It seems that I remember signs pointing to "autobus."