Please sign in to post.

Oberammagau on Rick Steves tours in 2020

I've received an email recently from another travel company with information about tours combining the Passion play in Oberammagau in 2020 with some of their tours. For those of you who have been with Rick Steves for a while, did he include the Passion Play on any of his tours? The information on the other tour company combined it with tours of Italy and Germany.

Posted by
19092 posts

I've been on this website since 2000 (or earlier), and I can't remember ever seeing anything about the Passion Play on his tours. But why don't you call the office in Edmunds? Or maybe Laura will see this post and answer.

Posted by
16893 posts

Lee is correct. Rick Steves Tours have never incorporated the 5-hour Passion Play and don't stay overnight in Oberammergau. Of course you can visit as an individual, without a tour, but I see that ticket type doesn't go on sale until next year.

Posted by
3836 posts

Our Church has a trip it is already taking reservations for, 2 weeks with an overnight in town.

Posted by
21 posts

I am having a hard time finding an overnight tour from Munich to the play. Has anyone had experience with a local Munich tour company that is reliable? Thank you. Lynn