Please sign in to post.

Norway in a nutshell

For those who has done the Scandinavia tour.. Was the Naerayfjord part of the tour? I was wondering if I should do the fjord tour “ Norway in a nutshell “ Bergen loop post tour if not. I would appreciate the info.

Posted by
234 posts

My husband and I did NIN after our tour ended in Bergen. Most of it was definitely worth it. The last 1/4-1/3 were hard to appreciate as it was dark out. This was around August 20 or so and days we’re getting shorter. Our trip by ferry on the tour was overcast, quite cool and drizzly. Our trip on the fjord on Norway in a Nutshell was sunny and beautiful. The cog train out of Flam was beautiful and we really enjoyed our lunch in Flam.

We flew from Norway to Venice, Italy and it was easier out of Oslo—I think leaving Bergen we had to transfer in Oslo anyway.

Posted by
25 posts

Oh no. I’m there on early September. I hope weather is okay. I fly to Edinburgh from Bergen via Logan airlines 2 days after tour. So I am thinking of spending my 2 days doing the Bergen to Bergen NIM. It seems it would not duplicate some of fjord sights included in the tour. I’ll do Flam then and it seems I have time for lunch there. Thanks Patty.

Posted by
234 posts

I think when you do this Bergen to Bergen you get the major highlights and daylight should still be fine. I felt it was worth it.