Please sign in to post.

Nice to Switzerland

Hello,
We are considering spending a few days in Switzerland after our My Way Tour of France ends in October.
We'd just like to relax and hike and have some wonderful views.
I'm considering Zermatt or Grindelwald.
Any other suggestions? We have been to Lauterbrunen before.
I'm also curious about the best way to get there? I'm assuming we would fly, but not sure where we would fly into. Geneva for Zermatt or Bern for Grindelwald?
Thanks for any help.
Nancy

Posted by
5349 posts

How about staying in Murren or Wengen?

Posted by
20802 posts

No airport in Bern, so use Zurich or Basel. I do know that Swiss has flights between Nice and Zurich. Not sure about Easyjet.

PS Easyjet has flights from Nice to Geneva and Basel. Basel is about 45 minutes closer to Grindelwald than Geneva.

Posted by
11467 posts

We landed in Milan, rented a car, and drove to Grindelwald. We loved our week long stay there in that pretty Alpine town.
We then toured more of Switzerland before going to Lake Como and Milan. We returned the car in Milan.

Posted by
251 posts

We flew from Nice to Zurich, then train to Luzern. I think it was easy to take the train from Zurich to most places in Switzerland. We did the RS Switzerland tour which is why we headed to Luzern. We loved the Lauterbrunen area, but didn’t stay in the valley which was crowded even in May. Murren was lovely with plenty of hikes.