Please sign in to post.

My Way Tour of Italy September 2023

If we booked a My Way Tour of Italy is it possible to pay extra and join a few of the tours in Venice, Florence and Rome. The tours could be picked and paid for in advance. We wanted the flexibility of arranging our our schedule but have quickly found the research needed to find reliable tours is extreme and reviews of the tours are questionable at best. Thank you

Posted by
15820 posts

Lori, you should address your question to the RS office as they don't normally participate in the forums.

https://www.ricksteves.com/about-us/contact-us

For all sorts of reasons I would guess that joining the guided tours wouldn't be possible but it doesn't hurt to ask. I am wondering, tho, if you've browsed the RS Italy forum yet for recommendations for good tours/guides? The request comes up a LOT so there's a ton of firsthand info there to mine.

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/italy

Posted by
7036 posts

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to take the My Way Italy tour but you want to join Rick Steves' tours in Venice, Florence, and Rome? I don't think that's possible. It shouldn't be too hard to find reliable tours in those ciites. You can: 1. Ask on the forum here for recommendations of tours those of us have used and found worthwhile; or 2. Contact some of Rick Steves' guides in those cities and possibly set up private tours with them list here; or 3. Look at the Best of Italy guidebook under those cities and he usually gives recommended tours that he finds reliable (those I would trust).

If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.

Posted by
936 posts

You'd have to call and ask, but I doubt it. Those tours are scheduled way in advance and based on number of people. The Venice, Florence, Rome Tour is fantastic. You can read the RS GuideBooks and he lists tour guides in his book that he recommends.

Walks Of Italy gets mostly good reviews for tours.

Posted by
11181 posts

RS does not do 'a la carte'.

If you want the flexibility and cost saving of a My Way tour, then you have do the the leg work.

but have quickly found the research needed to find reliable tours is extreme and reviews of the tours are questionable at best.

RS has done the research and vetted the guides and that is why the regular tours cost more.

Posted by
2076 posts

I’m sure it isn’t an option for you. Id’d be a bit miffed to have someone join our tour that we paid for to have a small group. Why don’t you book one of his guide tours? They really are great!

I’ve been all over Italy independently and had no problem with finding tours to take.