Please sign in to post.

My Way Italy Sept 6 2015 Anyone?

My husband and I just booked this tour and are so excited. Thought it would be fun to connect with others before the tour!

Posted by
22 posts

Although we are not going this year we did this tour last September and it is wonderful and a great opportunity to see the major sites in each city you visit. Just as a tip or two, the key to a successful tour is to do plenty of pre trip planning so you make the best use of your time so you can be sure to see the sights you want in each city. It helped us to study maps of each location to get the lay of the land so the popular attractions were easier to find.
Do make reservations beforehand at museums such as the Uffizi and Academia in Florence or the Doges Palace in Venice or the Borghese Gallery in Rome, for examples, so you can be sure to fit in those that you want to see as last minute tickets for the times you want can be hard to get.
Also, since you will encounter steep hills, steps and lots of walking be sure you do a little fitness training before the trip. It's much more pleasant to be able to handle the conditions so you can enjoy what you see without all the huffing and puffing if you're not in shape!
Enjoy !