Please sign in to post.

Lubeck

We plan to have a day trip to Lubeck from Hamburg. Is it easy to do a city walk on our own? Is there any literature that will be a guide for a city walk, I could not find it in RS Germany book. Thanks.

Posted by
556 posts

Yes would be easy to do a city walk on your own because the old town island is not too big. Unfortunately Lübeck is not in any RS guidbook mentioned but it is a gem full of history.

I would suggest to do a private tour becasue the story behind Lübeck and its Hanseatic League heritage is quite interesting. Same for Lübeck's Gänge und Höfe (passages and courtyards) - quite unique and not easy to find.

Unfortunately I can't recommend any tour guide but hopefully some other forum members or Tripadvisor might be able to help.

Posted by
863 posts

We were in Lubeck in 2018 and enjoyed the Hanseatic museum and the Willy Brandt house museum. Both had plenty of information in English and we just used a map from the tourist office to find our way around.

Be warned if you go to the Hanseatic museum that it is extensive and will take around 3 hours to see it properly.