Please sign in to post.

London to Florence family tour July 2018

What should 12 yearold girls pack for the trip? Are leggings appropriate?

Posted by
444 posts

My 11 year old wore leggings a few times last year in Rome, Florence etc. She also wore shorts (it was hot!) I think it's fine. In the churches (and Vatican museum), you just have to cover knees and shoulders. I saw lots of girls in leggings, and shorts, skirts etc. You'll see everything over there. I say let them be comfortable, as long as they respect the dress codes. I haven't been to London...

Posted by
11507 posts

Europeon kids dont dress up for their summer vacations either.. they wear jeans, shorts and leggings.. just be aware of two things.. the dress code at Vatican ( shoulders must be covered , no tank tops, and knees must be covered.. ) a sundress with a scarf that you can shove in your purse after the Vatican ( because its insanely hot in july ) will work. and we saw many ladies arrive in shorts then tie gauzy scarfs around their waists like a skirt to get in.. Ive done similar myself.

In london anything goes.. it can be warm or cool there.. so bring a rain jacket and a sweater just in case.

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you! Very helpful. While I have traveled to Europe a few times, I havent paid attention to what the kids are wearing. So excited to do this trip with my granddaughters.