Please sign in to post.

London in June

I'm curious if anyone out there is signed up for the London tour in June. I'm not scared of the virus but I am starting to wonder if I should transfer to another London tour, perhaps later on this fall or just keep charging ahead with my plans for June. I know things are fine there now.

Posted by
118 posts

I’m signed up for the villages of southern England tour in late June. I’m not going to cancel unless the tour is cancelled by RS. I’m going to keep monitoring the situation and try to stay positive. I’ve been planning and saving for this trip for too long to postpone unless absolutely necessary. I hope things work out for everyone who has had to change or cancel their travel plans.

Posted by
4318 posts

By June the world may have accepted that the virus is circulating and people not at high risk may be traveling normally.

Posted by
2 posts

Stacie, you are going to have the experience of a lifetime - London! It's such an amazing city. We did a DIY trip as part of our 10-year anniversary tour of England. Be sure to find time to visit the Cabinet War Rooms even if you aren't a WWII junkie. It's a time capsule that feels as if the war just ended. Absolutely amazing. Also, it's a great idea to attend evensong at SPC as suggested on your tour. You'll get to sit in the choir stalls with the choir; it's a wonderful experience even if you aren't religious. We also enjoyed an evening jazz performance in the crypt of St. Martin in the Fields. Be sure to sit on the top deck when it's time for the bus tour of the city. The Princess Louise was my favorite pub due to its architecture/ambiance. And if you can sneak in a trip to Kew Gardens, so much the better. Best wishes for your trip - I'm sure it will exceed your expectations.