Please sign in to post.

Laundry on RS Turkey tour

This is a duplicate request from the Turkey forum.
We are scheduled for the RS Turkey tour on Oct 14-27, 2019. I was wondering which towns have either self service or drop off laundry service available. We prefer self service.
Thanks.

Posted by
15576 posts

In Cappadoccia, the hotel provided laundry service and several folks took advantage of the opportunity. They hung the clothes on lines on the roof to dry and I remember several gentle comments about someone's red lace undies.

Edit: in case it isn't clear, the hotel used the rooftop lines to dry the clothes they laundered for the guests.

Posted by
850 posts

I hate wasting time doing laundry. I usually wash my own underwear in my room (I only carry 3-4 sets) and buy t-shirts and socks locally and throw them out when used. (Really good ones are used as packing material if I send anything home via mail.) Everything else I let the hotel staff take care of.

Posted by
13905 posts

This is also a good question to ask your guide at the first meet-up. Often guides will have this as part of their introductory remarks, if not, ask as there are likely others that will want to know too.

Posted by
1583 posts

"I hate wasting time doing laundry. I usually wash my own underwear in my room (I only carry 3-4 sets) and buy t-shirts and socks locally and throw them out when used. (Really good ones are used as packing material if I send anything home via mail.) Everything else I let the hotel staff take care of."

I hate wasting my time doing laundry in my room. I have better things to do. I have been traveling overseas for over 50 years and never have done laundry in my room. I do not do laundry in the sink at home and darned if I am going to do it on vacation.

Posted by
2455 posts

Yes, laundry service during the stop in Cappadocia was very good. Otherwise, it is tough because there are three one-night stays on this tour. Thin polyester items might dry overnight after sink-washing, otherwise you might need put off washing or pack damp clothes.