Please sign in to post.

Just booked our 8th RS tour for 2020!

Yay.... just booked our 2020 RS tour. Villages of So England 13 days. After deliberating and agonizing over which trip to take for next year, due to several events happening in 2020, we decided on villages of So England 13 days. Originally, I planned on the 14 day Scandinavian tour but had several events that changed and/are happening in 2020. Our youngest son is getting married in July and we need to be home middle of June for preparations and our favorite MLB team (St Louis cardinals are playing in London in 2020) and we want to go see the two baseball games. So we are off again to England in May 2020. We just took the RS London 7 day tour this past May.

I think I got some kinks out. Now time to plan and hope on getting those tickets so things will fall into place.

Tour May 25 - June 6, then we have 6 days to find some wonderful places to go in England before the two baseball games, then head back home to states on the 15th.

Happy planning for me!! and wish me luck on getting those tickets!

Posted by
94 posts

Very exciting! I love researching and planning my vacation! Sounds like it will be great fun. Have a wonderful time!

Posted by
9570 posts

What diveloonie said after your experience this spring!!!

It sounds like a wonderful tour, and what a great opportunity to get to see the Cards play!

Posted by
9570 posts

And I see that it’s a “very active” tour — perfect for your new knee!!

Posted by
2469 posts

So excited for you, Kim! I know it will be a grand adventure. Not only will you be seeing your Cards play, but you will have the fun of deciding where and what to see in those 6 days.

My friend and I signed up for the Best of Germany next year, 8/25-9/06, very excited. It will be her first RS tour and my 8th. We went together on our church’s Israel trip this spring so we know we are compatible travel companions. The funny thing is...her bag weighed 49.5 pounds at check in! So somehow she will have to trim her packing in order to handle her bags for this tour. The tour company handled our bags for us in Israel. My little 22-inch bag next to hers was like Mutt and Jeff. Pretty funny.

Posted by
3843 posts

Congratulations on your son’s upcoming nuptials. Sounds like a wonderful plan. We will be in London April 28 - May 7. That’s 9 glorious days to plan for. After my preliminary research, it will not be enough. Hope your planning goes as well. If you like, we could exchange ideas, off the beaten path finds, etc. Last time i was there was 1985 and hubby has never been.

Posted by
1019 posts

oops should be 8th trip....

Yes Kim and Diveloonie - I have been to dr twice since I have been home in June.... and I did approach the PA about what to do and take next time because we go once a year. LOL.

Either I had sinus crud before or accumulated upon my leave last trip and combined with the pressure of flying, it did havoc on my nasal/head but never had pain, pressure etc. Just a dang horrible chest cough, no fever, etc.

Prednisone shots, oral meds, inhaler, xyzal, Flonase, and decongestant. Still if not better, come back. Arrrgh.

Posted by
6292 posts

Kim, you did it! Good for you! It's a great tour, and you've done a great job working in all your wants and needs. We'll be in Europe about the same time, but in Italy!

Posted by
3952 posts

Sounds like a wonderful trip Kim. We’d be interested in knowing when tickets become available. We are in need of a London trip in our near future too...

Posted by
13937 posts

Kim! I think you all will really enjoy this tour! I'd recommend getting to Canterbury at least the day before the tour starts. I found lots of stuff to do there and there was no time on the tour. I particularly enjoyed walking along the River Stour. We went about the same time you did and had lots of rain so I'm sure you'll pack your waterproof jackets.

Posted by
2375 posts

Hi Kim!
Villages of South England in 2020 will also be my 8th, but I'll be on the late August tour.

Posted by
1019 posts

Thanks Bob and Jane.... I got them saved... !🙂