Please sign in to post.

Italy My Way June 2020

Just wondering if anyone else has booked this tour? My husband and I are going for our 25th anniversary.

Posted by
148 posts

Hi Kierkenn: Congrats on your 25th!!! Which date are y’all considering? I’m eyeing this tour for the June 14 start date. I’d be a solo traveler since my husband can’t get away as easily as I can as a teacher in the summer. It seems like a short stay at each stop, but it sounds fun to get our feet wet in several different places. I’ve never been to Italy! I’ll check back soon!

Posted by
23 posts

We have selected June 7 - 19th. I am very excited. I was in Italy very briefly in 2014 as I was on a school trip with my daughter. It definately captured my heart. Can't wait to go back. I think it will be a busy trip but I am excited at the opportunity to have the chance to so many places and to see all the countryside.

Posted by
148 posts

Yes I agree, the tour sounds like a nice mix of countryside, coast, and cities. How exciting to return for your anniversary! My school year does not end that early, so we wouldn’t be on the same tour. It will be fun to hear your report next summer. I’m still trying to decide, bc I want to return to Paris as well (or wishful thinking... to add Paris to end of Italy trip?). Bon voyage!!

Posted by
151 posts

Kierkenn, I did the tour as a solo traveler in Oct 2015 - it was amazing - the kind of trip you will look back on and replay the rest of your life. Venice was and is my favorite, but Rome ran a close second. I think it would be a very great way to celebrate your 25th anniversary! I am getting ready for the My Way Alpine next month as a solo - this style of traveling works wonderful for independent adventurers. Have fun.

Posted by
23 posts

Sarah I am really happy to hear that. I wasn't sure whether to do a tour or do it on our own but I thought the My Way tours sound like a perfect mix of both. I am glad to hear from someone who has done one that it was a good choice. Do you have any recommendations of things to do in Assissi? We would like to do a wine /food tour and i am not sure if this is something we should do around Florence or if there are options around Assissi?
Thanks!

Posted by
151 posts

Kierkenn, I couldn't tell you anything about food in Assisi or Florence (or anywhere) I go for the photographs! I adore all the churches - San Damiano in Assisi was my favorite (Read The Assisi Underground) even though the Basilica's of St Francis is magnificent. If you like cemeteries walk toward the Rocca Maggorie; there is a beautiful one. I got sidetracked and never did make it to the castle. The Temple of Minerva is also lovely.

Posted by
19 posts

My adult daughter and I took the My Way Italy tour in September 2018 and loved it. (I’ve taken two fully guided RS tours in the past and liked the my way tour just as much.) We booked 2 nites in Venice hotel before tour started and added two nites in Rome hotel after tour ended. Was well worth it. We also booked in advance a walking tour of Venice, tix to Uffizi in Florence, and tours in Rome of the Coliseum and Forum and Vatican. In Assisi we had a fabulous group dinner at an agriturismo arranged by our outstanding tour guide, Andy Steves. Yes, Rick’s son. He gave us lots of info on the bus... how to order coffee, history, language lessons etc. and usually a short walking tour at each stop. We are thinking of taking the My Way Spain tour in 2020.