Please sign in to post.

Is There an Early Booking Discount for 2023 Tours?

I can’t find any mention of it. If there is one what’s the deadline?

Posted by
6312 posts

I don't know but I would think that if there was one, they would mention it prominently.

But you can contact the tour office directly by phone at 425-771-8303 or by email at rick@ricksteves.com.

Posted by
528 posts

I haven't seen one. I think they're just trying to recover from two years of no business.

Posted by
4616 posts

I booked a 2023 tour when they first posted and there was not an early booking discount.

In our favor, however, deposits used to be non-refundable after 30 days. In 2023, the Tour Conditions indicate the longer period of refundability that became the practice in 2022 is also in effect for 2023:

For tours departing Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2023
Cancellations, refunds, and credits: Tour deposits are refundable up to 120 days prior to the tour's departure date.

Posted by
2732 posts

To add to CWsocial’s post:
To tour I signed up for starts 6/4/23. It is refundable until 2/4/23. I’m doing the Berlin, Prague & Vienna tour.

Posted by
4616 posts

Similar to horsewoofie, my deposit shows in my Tour account as being fully refundable (for any reason, or no reason) until 120 days prior.

And when I've received refunds (2020 and 2022 St Petersburg tours) from RS Europe, they have been prompt.