Please sign in to post.

Hotels in London —-Would appreciate advice

We are headed to London, a week before we go on the Rick Steves tour (Loire to the south of France) in June.
We are looking for suggestions about where to stay in London that would be centrally located to the main attractions and or tube.

Posted by
8375 posts

If you aren’t too set on small boutique hotels, consider the Premier Inn Chain for good locations and good value.

Posted by
2367 posts

You might also post this in the England site as there are several people who visit there often and would suggest good.hotels.. We stayed at a Hampton in Waterloo and really enjoyed the hotel, the ,breakfast and being so.close to the Waterloo train station.

Posted by
7357 posts

OK, so this is a small boutique B&B, where the owners live and are available for advice and assistance. It’s where we stayed last March, and are staying on our next London trip, too. It’s in the great Fitzrovia neighborhood, close to Tube stops and the British Museum, plus a good variety of restaurants and pubs. The price worked for us, too. The name is also its address: 122 Great Titchfield Street; http://bb-london.co.uk/ .

Posted by
14994 posts

Check out Resident Hotels. There are four in London.

I've stayed in the Resident Kensington more nights than I can count but it is the least centrally located.

Posted by
332 posts

Resident Covent Garden is very central. Don’t expect a huge room though.

Posted by
1923 posts

I am a fan of doing research on booking.com. You can then go to the hotel website to book or book through booking.

Posted by
15 posts

I loved the Lime Tree. It is in Belgravia and Victoria Station is close. We are staying there again this fall. They remodeled during lockdown and breakfast is no longer included, but they have a restaurant there now as well. It is a lovely neighborhood to stay in.

Posted by
4 posts

We had a room at Sanctuary House near St. James station last May. The room was comfortable, had great staff, and had an outstanding location a few steps from Westminster Abbey.

Posted by
13934 posts

Ok Amy and Wardlovesvegas…I’ll post a report after my April visit to Lime Tree, lol. I’m not much of a breakfast eater so the change from an included breakfast to a charge in their restaurant doesn’t bother me and if needed I can run across the street to Tom-Tom for coffee, lol.

@OP, with train strikes this spring I recommend you give yourselves some flex time and get to Chartres the day before the tour starts.