Please sign in to post.

Family tour

We are considering a RS tour with a grand daughter and wondered how the Family Tour is structured differently from a regular tour to accommodate the interests and pace of young travelers . Would love to hear from anyone who has traveled with their children.

Posted by
192 posts

We did an RS family tour with our children aged 11, 13 and 16 back in 2008 and loved it. The differences versus a regular tour were that some of the activities/talks provided at sites were curated with older children's interests in mind. For example, after viewing Neuschwanstein Castle, there was a side trip for a small zip line and summer toboggan run. The free time was strategically placed to give kids breaks and flexibility on activities. I know 2008 was a while ago, so hopefully some more recent travelers will chime in.

On the flip side, there were some sites such as the Louvre where I would have preferred a more detailed focus but I understand that would have been way too much for my kids1 FYI our tour also included a grandparent with her two grandchildren.