Please sign in to post.

Face Mask

What style face mask have you found to be the best to prevent your glasses from fogging? The KN95, N95? Has anyone tried using ski goggle anti fogging spray? Thx Larry

Posted by
13906 posts

I've not found any that are perfect but for my face and my glasses the 3M Aura N95s have been working the best. I've used anti-fog wipes, spray, dawn dish detergent, cat cr@p anti-fogger...nothing is perfect. The best are the Aura masks clamped down so tightly on my nose that I have to mouth breathe.

I've been getting my Auras at Home Depot. I can go online to my local Home Depot and see if they are in stock which also gives you the Aisle and bin numbers so you don't have to hunt them up in the store.

Posted by
1259 posts

There are entire website dedicated to solving this question. Some were created and curated by opticians and opthomologists, some by medical pros, and some by mask sales sites. I require the dual head strap style masks, can't get a good seal with the round the ear style (weak ears--big heart). I prevented my glasses from fogging up with a strip of moleskin but that got tedious so I learned to bend the metal strip in three dimensions. Fog spray was useless for me.

Posted by
3961 posts

I wear the KN95 and have not had a problem with my glasses fogging. This style fits me well.

Posted by
6489 posts

The KN95 works for me also, with a metal strip at the top to fit my nose and keep vapor from my breath off the lenses. it fits nicely in a shirt pocket and I don't leave home without it, even though wearing it less and less these days.

Posted by
19 posts

The 3M Aura 95 works best for me because the seal across the top is better than most. The metal band holds its shape after I shape it to my nose, and the foam liner along the metal is thick, which is why I think it works well: Unlike other masks, it seems to seal well enough that my breath ls a lot less likely to come out the top to fog my glasses. I also find the 3M the most comfortable for a long flight or train ride, because the mask’s more rigid structure keeps it away from my face…so I don’t inhale a bunch of mask with each breath.

Posted by
4827 posts

My 95s work great, due to the foam strip as well as the metal band to mold across the nose and cheeks. Just wore mine today for over 8 hours straight with no problems.

Posted by
5508 posts

After trying 3 or 4 styles of N95 and KN95s, I found a particular KF94 mask that works best for me. It has adjustable earloops so you can loosen or tighten to better fit your face. I didn’t have any problem with foggy glasses. The mask that I like is Evergreen Cleantop 3D Boat Shape Adjustable

https://www.projectn95.org/products/evergreen-cleantop-boat-style-3d-shape-adjustable-kf94-masks-black?configure%5BenablePersonalization%5D=false&configure%5Bfilters%5D=collections.edges.node.title%3A%20%22All%20Products%22

Posted by
2073 posts

I have ones like Laura but mine are from the USA and the fit is very comfortable. I use a duckbill Kimberly Clark professional pouch style N95 in the airports and while flying. The straps are very comfortable, unlike the N95 masks with tight rubber band type straps.

Posted by
648 posts

My husband and I have had poor results with anti-fog sprays, but the KF94 masks from Vida work well for both of us.

Posted by
34 posts

There is this wax you can put on your glasses that skiers use called, and excuse me, "cat crap." It works well for me no matter what mask I am wearing. I ski a lot, and my glasses fog up almost immediately when I put the goggles over them. This is the only solution I've found to keep the fogging to a bare minimum, and it also works with facemasks. :)