Please sign in to post.
Posted by
11130 posts

Odysseys Unlimited offers an excellent Egypt trip with an extension to Jordan. We went to Egypt and Jordan with them in early Jan 2020.

Posted by
4077 posts

Thanks Suki, I'm going to check them out.

Posted by
771 posts

We did a trip with them to South America in January and it was wonderful. Our tour manager was excellent and the local guides were knowledgeable and engaging. There were many “back door” experiences as you might find on a RS tour (we’ve done 3 RS tours, besides independent travel.) We signed up for a trip to Costa Rica with them in February, but I doubt that will happen. I wouldn’t hesitate to sign up for others. The price you see includes air fare from a major city. You can opt to do your own flights and they’ll let you know the the price for land-only.

www.odysseys-unlimited.com

Posted by
3212 posts

Allan, we are also interested in Egypt. Reid Coen, a Rick Steves guide has a small group company called Imprint Tours, he does places Rick does not go to.

Posted by
185 posts

I’d like to second the recommendation for Reid’s company, Imprint Tours. I went to Egypt and Jordan with him in February of this year. It was well done and I was supposed to be heading to Morocco with him in about a week. I’m looking forward to booking another Imprint tour when the time comes.

Posted by
2427 posts

I like Odysseys Unlimited as well. Also check out Scenic USA. We went with them last year to Egypt and Jordan. It was a wonderful tour. I think Odysseys now has a better tour of Jordan but like the Scenic itinerary for Egypt much better. Either way you can’t go wrong. I am looking forward to going back when the new Grand Egyptian museum opens and hopefully reconnecting with our friend Aziz of High End Journeys which is also a good tour company.

Posted by
2788 posts

I wonder what persuaded RS to venture out to Egypt from the continent of Europe.

Posted by
492 posts

How neat! Gonna put that PBS membership to good use this month.

Makes sense for Rick to go to Egypt. He's done some shows in the Middle East already (Israel, Palestine, Iran, along with Turkey), and it's a shorter flight from Paris to Cairo than it is from Seattle to Miami. If he has a "do as the locals do" approach to traveling in Europe, perhaps "doing as the locals do" can also apply to quick vacations from Europe to Egypt, as Europeans make up the vast bulk of tourists to Egypt.

I lived in and even graduated from high school in Egypt many moons ago - still by far my favorite place I've ever lived and truly a remarkable country. Anyone who does get the opportunity to go should definitely do so!

Posted by
11294 posts

Rick has done several TV shows outside of Europe. However, don't get your hopes up for tours outside of Europe. When asked (and he's been asked repeatedly), his answer is always that Europe is his business, and he has no desire to expand his tours to other areas.

Posted by
472 posts

Hi, aschneider, we did that OAT trip in Dec. 2019, loved it. Welcome to the forum, & bon voyage(s!).

Posted by
6 posts

We went to Egypt after a Rick Steve's tour of Istanbul in 2015. We used EMO tours and they were great. Cairo is a short flight from Istanbul.