Please sign in to post.

dublin hotel on 8 day ireland tour

I thought all RS tours stayed at Buswells Hotel in Dublin, but I just read a post about Cassidys in Dublin, but did not have the best reviews, now I am nervous.

Posted by
2468 posts

Usually when you sign up for a tour, they send you the first and last hotel. I am going on the 8 Day Ireland tour 9/03 - 9/10 and our hotel in Dublin is Trinity City Hotel.
Does this help?
Judy B

Posted by
11294 posts

RS tours are now a major operation, so within a city, they use different hotels on different tours. As said above, you will be notified well before your tour of your first and last hotel. If you need to know other hotel information before they've sent it to you, contact them directly. Phone number and e-mail are on this page: https://www.ricksteves.com/travel-help/tours-faq

Posted by
172 posts

When I went on the 14 day tour in 2014 we stayed at the Brooks Hotel in Dublin. It was about 3 steps above a normal RS hotel. Hope you are as lucky!

Posted by
1018 posts

I was on the 14 Ireland tour august 2014..... yes we stayed at Buswells..... boy I loved that hotel and convenient location to all the sights. Hopefully you will get a good one. I am going to take the 8day Ireland tour next year. Let me know how you like it.

Posted by
14948 posts

I too the 8 day last October and we stayed at the Davenport. It was the first time an RS tour stayed there and is in consideration for next year I think.

When you take a tour you give up the freedom of choosing your hotel. Some you will like and others you may not.

Posted by
129 posts

Jill, we are going on the tour May 7-14th and are staying at Cassidy's. This seems to be a large group---28 of us plus a guide and an apprentice guide so I figured we needed a place with more rooms?!?!? You didn't state when you are going but I will be glad to let you know how it was once we got back. I agree with the previous comment---on a tour you have to trust in your tour company's choice BUT make sure you let them know your feelings on the accomodations good or bad.

Posted by
117 posts

I did the 8-day Ireland last September and we stayed at Cassidy's. I thought the hotel was fine - nothing stood out as awful (not sure what you read in the reviews - or what you are used to). My only complaint was that my room was right above a pub and there was music and talking pretty much all night long. Ear plugs don't help me much but found that if I used my earphones with my iPad and played something from my white noise app, it helped drown out the noise. It was warm in the room so completely closing the windows was not an option. I've stayed in better hotels and I've stayed in worse - this was OK, nothing special.

Posted by
129 posts

Jill,

We just got back from the 8 day tour and I agree with Connie. The hotel was a step down from Dingle Skellig in Dingle but it was more than sufficient. Be ready to carry bags--we were in a wing where you had to go down and then back up but elevators are available. We just didn't bother since we were on the second floor (3rd if you count it American style). Breakfast was good too. Our room overlooked an alley and it was a bit noisy with bar patrons and early morning deliveries but not awful. The rooms were warm and we slept with the windows open. Cassidy's is in a great location for getting around Dublin. And they had a towel warmer in the bathroom! The pluses far outweighed the not so negatives. Have a great trip!

Posted by
31 posts

Hi Jill, we too went on the recent 8 day tour and agree with the previous poster (hi buddy). I think the entire RS group was put in the annex of Cassidys, which required a long walk to the lobby and at least one flight of stairs. The room and bath were quite small, and probably my biggest disappointment was the bed, very uncomfortable. We too faced an alley, but it was not noisy, just not very nice to look at. The staff was very accommodating as we were hesitant about booking our last evening in Dublin at this hotel after the tour. They moved us to the main part of the hotel to a much nicer and more comfortable room, so our last evening was very pleasant.