Please sign in to post.

December 2022

Hello. Does anyone know of a Christmasy tour in early December somewhere like Quebec City, Scandinavia, Scotland, etc? Looking for value and to enjoy the season in a cooler climate than where I live :) Thanks!

Posted by
72 posts

I second the idea of a Christmas Markets river cruise. Did an AMA one in December 2019 and it was fantastic.

Posted by
414 posts

I spent a few days in Quebec City once in December and just being there is magical. The entire old town is like a fairy tale. I went with my sister in law and another relative - we flew in and out of Montreal and rented a car to drive to QC. We had a wonderful time.

Also, I have a good friend who did one of those Christmas cruises in 2019 on the Rhine. She absolutely loved it. I'm not sure if it was Viking or not.

I'm from Atlanta and I 100% understand your desire to go somewhere with cooler weather over the holidays!

Posted by
118 posts

I can imagine London at Christmas with all the decorations & churches & markets – but likely any place in Europe – google celebrating Christmas in whatever city – sounds like fun

We have thought of trying that in Yellowstone - celebrating Christmas, as I want to go to Yellowstone in winter! Traveling is so much fun! Write about what you end up doing!

Posted by
32 posts

I've done several Christmas market cruises as well as seeing them on my own. Both are excellent and I would recommend going then. I haven't been to Quebec City then, but on my wish list. For the European markets I've been to so far, my favorite larger cities for markets are Cologne and Strasbourg with Prague a runner-up, but the smaller ones in the villages are very special, too. Along the Route du Vin in Alsace there are so many wonderful ones with Colmar included. Colmar is a terrific base if you have a car. I preferred the Rhine market cruise (I've done twice) over the Danube.

Posted by
50 posts

I did the Best of London tour in December 2019 and the holiday decorations made the week very special.