Please sign in to post.

Bulgaria Tour

Anyone going on the RS Bulgaria Tour beginning June 21?

Posted by
16893 posts

I bet you're looking forward to having this tour all to yourself.

Posted by
906 posts

I'm not going till September, Charlie, and I can't wait to pick your brain about the tour before I go!

Posted by
7049 posts

Charlie, I really look forward to your impressions after the trip. Sadly, I'm not going (and was really looking forward to it since I heard nothing but superlatives about a guide - Lyuba - who has led this tour in the past). Simply put, I think this tour is a bit on the expensive side (ok, more than a "bit" - I've done my research on Bulgaria and know how inexpensive it is to travel there). I feel it was strange that the RS folks did not do much to market this tour, did not set up a thread for Bulgaria (like the other countries) until very late, and then priced this tour with no variation for various months...and then failed to provide any discounts to fill the May 24th tour, which is still open. I'll stop venting, but Bulgaria is much cheaper than Turkey and yet the Turkey tours are more competitively priced (I also found other company tours of Romania that were very competitively priced for same number of days, so that may be a better proxy for Bulgaria). Whatever the case, I think this will be a wonderful tour to a very interesting country, and I look forward to seeing comments - I'm glad all the dates except one are sold out.

Posted by
271 posts

Charlie, I'm still struggling to get the Cyrillic keyboard installed on my iPhone6 before the tours' start date, June 21 . See you in Sofia or we may bump into you in Paris ...
Craig

Posted by
399 posts

"Charlie, I really look forward to your impressions after the trip. Sadly, I'm not going (and was really looking forward to it since I heard nothing but superlatives about a guide - Lyuba - who has led this tour in the past). "

Don't assume you will get a specific guide. You're signing up for a tour, not a guide.
I enjoy reading the reviews of the tours, but it is rare that I get the same guide that others rave about.

Posted by
2788 posts

I have taken 12 RS tours and have yet to write up an account of any of them. My oversight! With all of the posts and PM related to the Bulgaria tour that I have received requesting a write-up, I have written myself a sticky note to make sure to write up this tour. It will probably hit the web sometime in July or August.

Posted by
470 posts

Charlie

Can't wait to read your trip report. We did this tour two years ago, which was the last time it was offered, and thought it was one of the best. It looks like the itinerary has stayed the same and we went about the same time of year as you are going. Have a great trip.

Leslie